Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Plan

Here's the plan: To be fabulously f*&^ing fit at forty.

In six months, I turn 40. This particular milestone doesn't really bother me all that much. Really it doesn't. Yes, I remember thinking 40 was really freakin' old (way back when), but to be honest, I'm loving my age more and more each year.

I remember hitting 30 and thinking "wow, this is 30 eh?" The great thing about being 30 was that I knew who I wanted to be and who I was at that time. I was quite comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life. My 30s were great years. I got married just before I turned 30. My daughter graduated grade school and started high school...and was a great kid through it all! The last ten years have been some of the happiest years of my life.

As I look to the next ten years, I'm thinking less about psychological fitness and more about physical fitness. I'm not in completely horrible shape, sure I could lose a few pounds, but that's not the issue for me. I want to be really fit and firm. I want to be able to run up a flight of stairs and not be winded. I want to be able to feel comfortable walking down the beach in a bathing suit. Not necessarily a string bikini, but not your garden variety one-piece grandma suite either!
The plan is to get into great physical shape and stay that way well into the next series of decades in my life.

Fabulously F&^$ing Fit at Forty....that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment