Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Step 1: Join the Gym

Today, I took Step 1 of the FFFF plan....I joined a gym.

Now, I've joined gyms before and had every intention of utilizing the gym and never did. Why is this time going to be different? Well, I took an additional step this time - I hired a personal trainer. 12 gruelling, body crunching sessions with a trainer who's going to kick my butt into shape.

The great thing is that my friend joined with me and we're taking this challenge together! We both turn 40 next year and this was her original idea (she's so smart sometimes!). Our birthdays are about two weeks apart and it's great motivation to keep up with her.

So the two of us are now card carrying members of a local gym. We'll get our fitness assessments next week which could be scary. It's one thing to think you are out of shape. It's another thing completely to have someone tell you that you really are out of shape...and how badly!

Let the butt kickin' begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment